U.S. Military Vets Motorcycle Club
The U.S. Military Vets MC was established in 1987, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida and is incorporated as a non-profit organization. The club, as a national organization, strives to achieve the following:
- To provide a club for qualified military veterans, which offers brotherhood and an opportunity to establish relationships with other military veterans who have served in the defense of the United States of America.
- To establish and support a strong sense of pride in having served in the active military service of the United States of America.
- To improve the image of military veterans and bikers to the general public.
- Have a DD Form 214 and have served 181 days or more in an active duty status. (Reserve and National Guard members can count active duty for training and “summer camps”).
- Have full rights to veterans benefits and have received an Honorable Discharge from the United States military or be currently on active duty for a period greater than 181 days, or currently in the National Guard or Reserves.
- Have a Valid Motorcycle Operators’ License
- Pay monthly Dues.
- Active participation in the club.
- Have a 750 cc motorcycle or larger.
The process of becoming a member has two phases: Prospect and Probate.
- During the Prospect phase an individual will go to runs and attend portions of meetings with the club as a guest. This gives the prospect a chance to evaluate his desire to belong to this brotherhood and the club members to evaluate his basic personality and compatibility.
- The Probate phase is longer and gives the probate the opportunity to learn the proper conduct of a member in an MC. It affords the membership the opportunity to evaluate the probate as an individual they will be proud to label as and depend upon as a brother. During this time the probate is under the direct supervision of an experienced member whenever wearing the club “rockers”.
- Registered with the I.R.S. as a 501c(19) non-profit veterans organization.
- Incorporated in the State of Michigan as a non-profit organization.